Monday, February 22, 2016

I promised myself that this year, I would start committing to my art AND my blogging.

So for starters I want to say Hello to everyone.

I have had a bit of a lull the last two years. My sister Bonnie was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and she fought a valiant battle for 17 months. She passed in November 2015. I will miss her every day for the rest of my life.

So that brings us to now.
Today is a new day and a new beginning. I have been playing with some new materials, such as Silverpoint, and I have been practicing drawing from some of the old Masters to re-hone my skill set. I have tackled a couple of my older paintings and am making some progress there. I am hoping to play with some Silver Leaf, Gold Leaf and Copper Leaf and incorporate them into my paintings. I will update you on how that evolves!

I am also looking at getting away from canvas and going to hardboard. I am tired of sagging canvasses. The only issue is is that I am lazy..which means I am not keen on gessoing my boards... and then sand...and then gesso and then sand and then repeat!. :p

We will just have to see how that one goes over! :)

Here is a Silverpoint drawing I did in a workshop at the Sudbury Art Club.

copy of DaVinci's "Study of Hands"


The following is a work in progress pencil reproduction of one of Caravaggio's pieces

Copy of "The Conversion of St. Paul"










No comments:

Post a Comment